Snack Attack UK Limited is an online retailer for American sweets, savoury and drinks; headquartered in Birmingham, United Kingdom. (“we”, “us”, “our” and “Snack Attack UK”).
The services we provide enable our customers to use the Snack Attack UK online platform, to purchase goods. Find out more about our services here.
"Contact" is a person a Member may contact through our Services. In other words, a Contact is anyone on our distribution list or about the contact who has given us information.
"Customer" means any person or entity that uses the Services provided by Snack Attack UK.
"Personal Information" means any information that identifies or can be used to identify a Customer, a Contact, or a Visitor, directly or indirectly. Examples of Personal Information include, but are not limited to, first and last name, date of birth, email address, gender, occupation, or other demographic information.
"Visitor" means any person who visits any of our Websites.
"you" and "your" means, depending on the context, either a Customer, a Contact, or a Visitor.
Privacy for Members
This section applies to the Personal Information we collect and process from a customer, through the provision of the services. In this section, “you” and “your” refer to customers and potential customers.
Information We Collect
The personal Information we may collect broadly falls into the following categories:
(i) Information you provide to us: In the course of engaging with our Services, you may provide Personal Information about yourself. Personal Information is often, but not exclusively, provided to us when you enter the website for the use of our Services, consult with our customer service team, send us an email, or communicate with us in any other way.
(ii) Information we collect automatically through the Websites: When you visit our Websites, we may also collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered Personal Information under applicable data protection laws.
This information may include:
Billing and communications information: If you purchase our Services, you may also need to provide us with payment and billing information, such as your credit card details and billing address. Snack Attack UK will also maintain a record of your billing transactions and purchases, and any communications and responses.
Information we process on your behalf: We use and process this information to provide the Services in accordance with your instructions.
Use of Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information we collect through the Services or other sources for a range of reasons, including:
• To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
• To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
• To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
• To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
• Other purposes. To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes about which we will notify you.
Use of Personal Information:
We may use the information we collect through our Websites for a range of reasons, including:
• To provide, operate, optimize, and maintain our Websites.
• To send you information for marketing purposes, in accordance with your marketing preferences.
• For recruitment purposes if you have applied for a role with Snack Attack UK
• To respond to your online inquiries and requests, and to provide you with information and access to resources or services that you have requested from us.
• To manage our Websites and system administration and security.
• To improve the navigation and content of our Websites.
• To identify any server problems or other IT or network issues.
• To process transactions and to set up online accounts.
• To compile aggregated statistics about site usage and to better understand the preferences of our Visitors.
• To carry out research and development to improve our products and services.
• To customize content and layout of the Websites.
• To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes.
Public Information and Third-Party Websites
• Social media platforms and widgets. Our Websites include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Website. We also maintain presences on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Other Data Protection Rights
You have the following data protection rights:
• To access, correct, update, or request deletion of your Personal Information. Snack Attack UK takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and up to date. You may contact us directly at any time about accessing, correcting, updating, or deleting your Personal Information, or altering your data or marketing preferences by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
• In addition, if you are a resident of the EEA, you can object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing us at email@example.com.
• Similarly, if we have collected and processed your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
• You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA are available here.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information (EEA Persons Only)
If you are from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Information described above will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect and use Personal Information from you where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data-protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Typically, our legitimate interests include improving, maintaining, providing, and enhancing our technology, products, and services; ensuring the security of the Services and our Websites; and for our marketing activities.
If you are a Member, we may need the Personal Information to perform a contract with you. In some limited cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Information from you.
If we ask you to provide Personal Information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personal Information is mandatory or not, as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your Personal Information.
Where required by law, we will collect Personal Information only where we have your consent to do so.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your Personal Information, please contact us using the contact details provided in the "Questions and Concerns" section below.
Your Choices and Opt-Outs
Customers and Visitors who have opted in to our marketing emails can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of our marketing messages.
Also, all opt-out requests can be made by emailing us using the contact details provided in the "Questions and Concerns" section below. Please note that some communications (such as service messages, account notifications, billing information) are considered transactional and necessary for account management, and Members cannot opt out of these messages unless you cancel your Snack Attack UK account.
We take appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information. For further information about our security practices, please see our Security page here. If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Information, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Snack Attack UK accounts require a username and password to log in. Members must keep their username and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party. Because the information in a Member’s Snack Attack UK account is so sensitive, account passwords are hashed, which means we cannot see a Member’s password. We cannot resend forgotten passwords either. We will only provide Members with instructions on how to reset them.
Retention of Data
We retain Personal Information where we have an ongoing legitimate business or legal need to do so. Our retention periods will vary depending on the type of data involved, but, generally, we'll refer to these criteria in order to determine retention period:
• Whether we have a legal or contractual need to retain the data.
• Whether the data is necessary to provide our Services.
• Whether our Members have the ability to access and delete the data within their Snack Attack UK accounts.
• Whether our Members would reasonably expect that we would retain the data until they remove it or until their Snack Attack UK accounts are closed or terminated.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Changes to this Policy
Questions & Concerns
If you have any questions or comments, or if you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, please use our contact form to send us a message. You may also contact us by postal mail or email at:
B3 Retail Kings Road